Friday, February 24, 2006

Wantan Mee @ Lai Foong, Kuala Lumpur



Whenever I am down town, I usually make a pit stop at this wantan mee stall which is next to Lai Foong along Jalan Tun HS Lee where you get the famous
beef noodles. My mother says as far as she remembers, the shop is not known as Lai Foong but somehow the signboard above it says so hence I am using it for a reference point. The shop only has two stalls; a chicken rice stall and the wantan mee stall which gets really full of people during lunch time. My usual order is their dry (kon lo) wantan mee (RM3.30 to RM3.50). You can also order the noodles with braised chicken legs.



The wantans that accompany the noodles are really yummy and made from "sai to" fish (known as ikan parang in Malay).



Another essential order when I am at the shop, their local coffee which I love, a steal at RM1.10 as usually the ones in Petaling Jaya are RM1.30.

This place gets a lot of traffic as they face the bus stop and you will see lots of buses lining along the road. Everytime whenever I am down town, it amazes me how things change around there as modern development takes over. My uncle's old shophouse has now been pulled down in for a larger building that will house a budget hotel in the future. The goldsmith shops nearby are now boarded up and may share the same fate as people favour modern ones at the shopping malls. It's sad how old shophouses do not get preserved but are torn down for more commercially inclined buildings. If you have the time, do walk around the whole area before they convert it and discover all the hidden restaurants before they dissapear.

Wantan Mee
(next to Lai Foong Restaurant along Jalan Tun HS Lee)
(Non Halal)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

5 comments:

fatboybakes said...

wah boolicious, thankyewberrymuch for putting my blog on your links....SOOOO HONORED!!!!! thank you, thank you. (teary eyed)

boo_licious said...

you are very welcome, fatboy. Can I get a slice of the choc fudge cake in return?

wyejon said...

hmm... I've been there before. I'm not sure if they even have a name! Not my kind of wantan noodles though.

boo_licious said...

oh dear, looks like we both have different tastes as this is the 2nd time you had bad experience at a place I like.

Andrew said...

Thanks mate! By the way, I've read your blog, and I know that you wanna become an app developer. Check this blog and find out how to build a saas application cause experienced app developers worked on this article. I hope you will check it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...