Monday, July 24, 2006

Little Penang Cafe @ Mid Valley Megamall, KL



This place seems to be the default restaurant we end up at whenever my friend, Ms. C is back from England. So far, we have tried their outlets in
Suria KLCC and the Curve. It's been a while since I ate at the Mid Valley Megamall outlet which is the first outlet hence I thought I'll feature the individual dishes they serve here. This particular outlet is actually my least favourite as I find the service kinda lacking here. I suspect it's something to do with the layout of the place since the tables are quite spread out and in seperate areas which is difficult to monitor.

A must order when you eat here is their Lor Bak which is yummy and crunchy. The side order comes in a set of two and you can also get a taste of the Lor Bak in the rice sets that I featured in my Suria KLCC post.



My friend's standard order whenever she eats here is their Char Kuey Teow which is yummy and comes topped with crab meat and prawns. You can ask them to add chilli to spice it up and she always orders extra chili. This takes a while to come so patience is a virtue.


I usually have the Curry Laksa which I felt was quite watered down at this outlet. Didn't taste as nice as the one I usually eat at their Curve outlet so it was extremely dissapointing.

We also had their desserts but since we were all chatting, I kinda forgot to snap them before we dug in to the red rubies and cendol desserts. The good thing about their desserts is they don't add a lot of liquid or coconut milk in the bowl and it's mainly shaved ice. It takes time for it to melt down but this means just the right amount of liquid vs the palm sugar syrup/coconut milk added in.

Little Penang Cafe
Lot F001 and 100
First Floor, Mid Valley Megamall

Tel No: 03 - 2282 0215

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Other reviews:

Tagged with: + +

4 comments:

earl-ku said...

i never get to taste that much of variety yet, only a few like the thai laksa, which has a very nice soup base, but lacks ingredients, and sometimes served lukewarm only, i will have them bring it back and microwave it ...

the nasi kari hantu is nice also ... the roka is nice but feels weird without the crackers, for 6.5 for a plate of rojak without the cracker ... its expensive :)

yeah the red ruby dessert ... very nice, but small portion la, yeah i agree not enough coconut milk ...

service in MV is bad, its the way the table are arraged, the staff cant see u, or they just donwan to see you ...

GFAD said...

Wanted to try the outlet at The Curve, then I saw someone having the char kuey teow. Didn't look very nice - pale and orangey...and the kuey teow all broken up. Made me think twice before entering. Ended up at Pho Hoa instead.

jesscet said...

I guess the lunch is after watching Superman Returns? Wished I could join you guys too but some people have to work! ;) Great photos as usual and makes me hungry!

So.. where would you recommend to go makan when we meet up with Ms C. next week?

boo_licious said...

flymeng - the lorbak is nice. sad abt the laksa though. Think the Thai Laksa is much better.

earl-ku - yeah, MVM's service is always below par and I think it's becoz the place is too spread out.

jackson - yeah, it's near the stairs towards IGB Plaza and below the Oasis Food Court.

kat - the orange bit must be the "tambah chilli". For me, I like the Curve outlet as I find other places in the Curve very sub-std.

Jess - Dunno where we shld eat but I guess it shld be local food since she will miss it when she goes back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...