Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Indulging @ West 57th Street Cafe, Sungai Wang Plaza, KL



A lot of tributes have been written up about this chocolate banana cake hence out of curiousity, I tracked down this tiny cafe opened by Malaysian designer, Zang Toi just in front of the Malaysian Designers section in Sungai Wang Plaza. Although they serve local food, pastas and sandwiches and humongous looking banana milkshakes, I was determined to just try the Chocolate Banana Cake (RM8.50 with ice cream) which I have heard so much about.

It's composed of four layers of chocolate cake interspered with freshly sliced bananas. A scoop of vanilla ice cream completes the whole ensemble with lots of chocolate fudge sauce. The cake layers are fudgy and moist making it pure indulgence or perfect to get over a broken heart.

Zang Toi's West 57th St. Cafe
F082-088H
First Floor
Sungai Wang Plaza

Tel No: 03 - 2144 1557

(This is at the back of Sungai Wang Plaza near the second set of escalators)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

Other sinful reviews:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, da Chocolate Banana Cake at this Zang Toi Cafe is sinfully good! I remember there was once I had da whole pc just for dinner :p

fatboybakes said...

4 layers of chocolate cake? as in proper chocolate cake, or just chocolate sponge? doesn't sound hard to replicate eh...

J said...

Looks good.
(It also looks fattening but it's ok to sin once in a while, right?)

:)

Chris said...

People had been complimenting the Zang Toi's cafe, but it didn't really attract me much. However, with the picture that you post here, I'm definitely going to give it a try. Picture speaks itself. Thanks

wyejon said...

mmm... good stuff indeed... funny how coincidences work. a friend was just asking me about the zang toi chocolate banana cake yesterday night.

Unknown said...

oh boo_licious, if only you had written about this 2 weeks back when I dropped into KL for a short trip - based on your shot of this fudgy slice, I would have definitely gone to the cafe at Sg Wang! OK - I'm bookmarking this cafe during my next shopping trip into KL!

boo_licious said...

meiyen - it's so yummy!

fatboycakes - chocolate cake. I'm sure you can recreate it. The texture looks like yr flourless choc cakes.

J - yeah, too much sinning recently though.

chris - I saw quite a few people there so I guess the food is ok. Must go try their savoury items one day too.

wyejon - what a coincidence, I guess this wkend, your friend will be trying the cake out?

cath - oops, sorry! Yeah, do try this as it's a great chocolate stopover when you're tired from shopping.

ah Teo said...

ooh, stopped by zang toi one week back and i liked their chocolate banana cake!! its amazing how they can make this 4 thick layers of cake...yum... i also love their green mango float with ginger ale. its one of the nicer drinks here in KL.

LiquidShaDow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LiquidShaDow said...

I tried this after stumbling upon it quite recently. It was not bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...